Tuesday, November 18, 2008

incredible

i want to walk on water
and love my enemy
and move mountains.

i want to shine like the brightness of the firmament
and like the stars forever.

i want God to feed the multitudes
with my little loaves and fishes.

i want Him to make me a fisher of men.

i want to pray without ceasing
and rejoice evermore
and always give thanks.

when i am afflicted in every way,
i don't want to be crushed--
i want to endure with dignity.
when i am perplexed,
i don't want to despair,
but to trust confidently in my God.
when i am persecuted,
i know i am not alone.
when i am beaten down,
i want to arise victorious.
i want to bear Christ's death in me
so that i can manifest His life.

o, Lord, please grant me the desire of my heart.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I can do ALL things though Christ, who strengthens me, even impossible things.

Anonymous said...

Tammie, what a lovely post! You, my friend, are incredible! You have been blessed with such a gift for words. I am printing this out and posting it on my fridge and making another copy to keep in my organizer!

These past few weeks have been stressful and the last section of your poem spoke VOLUMES to me. Thank you for reminding me of how I am to approach difficult times.

Your post also reminds me of the importance of opening myself up to God so that I may be used by Him in the way He sees fit.

Thanks for sharing your gift! It TRULY blessed me!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammie,

Obviously, it is I who am confused. I do not know how I always seem to manage to do such silly things. It ought to keep me humble at least. I once had someone look into my ear and say. “Lights on but nobody is home”. Oh well. :)

So, Christina is your daughter. At least I know a little more about you now, and I can gain a new friend.

Thank you for you encouragement on my post yesterday. :)

Last, but not least,…WOW! What a wonderful post you have here. If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us, and if we know that He hears us, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of Him.

Nice blog.

Love Ernestine :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Tammie,

Thank you for clarifying that little mix-up for me. It is nice to know I made one less mistake in my life.

Ernestine :)

Robert Sagor said...

I really enjoyed this, I feel the same way. I keep praying those same things....
Blessings,
Laura